If I could go back and tell my past self one thing, it would be….
Over the last year, I’ve learned many things about myself and life for that matter:
- People can suck, like really suck. They will knock you down and kick you down even harder when you least expect it.
- However, during this time…you will meet the best friends you will ever have. They will be awesome. They will guide and support you through all obstacles life has to throw at you. While, at the same time, keeping you sane (if that is even a real thing).
- Things WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT go as planned, like ever. Just get use to it and embrace life for the many curve balls it will throw at you.
- Failure does not exist. Simply think as these milestones as lessons that will help guide you through life a better, stronger person.
- You’re going to learn a lot about everything. I use to think that I knew a little bit about everything but in fact, I just know a lot about a few things and well that’s okay. I’m constantly growing and learning everyday.
- Have your guard up against those jerks who aren’t worth your heart, but embrace the ones who treat you like you should. They are hard to come by these days, but trust me it will. Be patient.
- Getting a dog is like having a child. Seriously. But it’s the best thing ever. They will be your life-long best friend.
- There is no such thing has work/balance. It’s a see saw. You just make it work. No ifs ands or buts.
- When times get tough, don’t forget to give back. Sharing your time and talents with others is not only impactful to others, but will give you a brighter perspective on life. You won’t regret it.
- Pray. Pray until your knees hurt and you have nothing left. God is always listening and guiding you each and every day.
- Don’t settle, be unique, and embrace who you truly are. Who cares if you aren’t the most popular? You are incredibly talented, gifted, and beautiful in your own way. Don’t ever think any differently.
And last but of course not least, DON’T PANIC. Everything will be ok. I swear. You will fall and rise again. Keep your head up and push forward. You got this!